What is Rogaine Foam and how does it work?
Rogaine Foam 5% is used to treat hereditary hair loss in men aged 18-49. The medication contains minoxidil as its active ingredient, which aids blood flow to the hair follicles of the scalp to increase the follicle size and hair shaft diameter. This prevents further hair loss and promotes hair regrowth.
With hereditary hair loss, a combination factors lead to hair thinning on the scalp. Genetics, hormones, and age all have a role to play in progressive shrinking of hair follicles and a decrease in the hair growth cycle. Over an extended period of time, the scalp will produce smaller and finer hairs with each cycle. Eventually the hair growth in some areas may cease entirely.
Can I use Rogaine Foam?
Young men with thinning hair or a coin-sized patch at the top of the scalp are likely to benefit the most from this treatment. If you have been bald for years or have large patches of hair loss on your head, Regaine may not help.
How do I use Rogaine?
The treatment is for men, is only to be used externally and nowhere other than the scalp. You should apply 1g of the foam (half a capful) to the affected area twice a day and leave for 12 hours.
How effective is Rogaine Foam?
Rogaine foam has been shown to stabilise hair loss in 9 out of 10 men. It is important to remember that hair growth is a slow process. Soft, downy hair growth may be seen in as little as 8 weeks, but can take up 12-16 weeks.
There are several factors which may influence how well Regaine works for you, including the predominance of hereditary hair loss in your family, the cause of the hair loss, the area of the scalp affected, and the length of time you have been losing your hair for. If you haven’t seen any results after using Regaine foam for 16 weeks, you should discontinue the product.
How long does Rogaine take to work?
Everyone is different, and results from Regaine vary from person to person. Clinical studies have shown that hair regrowth may be seen as early as 8 weeks, but you should allow up to 16 weeks to notice results. One canister of Regaine lasts for approximately one month. Using more than the recommended dose, or applying it more often, will not make hair grow any faster. It is recommended to keep using Regaine for as long as desired to maintain effect.
What is the difference between Rogaine Foam and Rogaine Solution?
Both REGAINE Foam and REGAINE Solution contain the active ingredient Minoxidil at 5%. The difference between the two products is the dispensing method and the excipients. REGAINE Foam is supplied in pressurised canisters while REGAINE Solution is supplied in spray bottles. Both products are as effective as each other as they both contain the same level of their active ingredient Minoxidil.
What is the difference between REGAINE and ROGAINE?
Regaine is a treatment for hereditary hair loss which is available in the UK. It contains the active ingredient minoxidil 5%. Minoxidil works by increasing blood flow to the hair follicles of the scalp, reducing hair loss and encouraging new hair growth. It is available as a solution or a foam, depending on customer preference. Rogaine is another well known hair loss product sold in the U.S.A, and is simply another trade name for Regaine. They are the same product, made by the same manufacturer (Johnson & Johnson).
Instructions for use of Rogaine Foam
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after application
- Make sure your hair is completely dry before applying
- Remove the cap and squeeze the nozzle while holding the can vertically upright to dispense half a capful. The foam will melt with body heat, so be sure not to handle the product for any longer than you have to
- Apply the foam to the affected area and massage gently
- Use REGAINE twice a day, 12 hours apart
Keep in mind
- Only apply Rogaine foam twice a day, approximately twelve hours apart. Extra application will not increase effectiveness but may increase likelihood of side effects
- Apply 1g of REGAINE Foam at a time
- Make sure the foam is applied to a dry scalp
- As long as you wash your hands immediately afterwards, gloves for application are not necessary
- Using a fine tooth comb can cause unnecessary stress on the hair follicles and is not recommended. If you wish to use a comb, use one which has widely spaced teeth and rounded tips
- Regaine is clinically proven to be effective for 90% of men
- During the first few weeks of treatment, you may experience some extra shedding. This is perfectly normal, the medication is stimulating new hair follicles to grow in the place of older dormant ones
- The continued effectiveness of REGAINE depends on consistent use. If treatment is stopped for extended periods, the results
- REGAINE is not guaranteed to work for everyone. If it is not being effective for you, contact us and we will be able to advise you on alternative treatments.
Buy Rogaine Foam online from our store today and improve your hair growth.